ColorSplash for iPad was updated earlier today and according to iTunes the images are displayed in better quality and higher resolution during editing.
This is one of the earliest iPad (and iPhone) photo apps and is usually near the top of the charts. I highly recommend this one.
ColorSplash on iTunes Cost: $1.99 US.
ColorSplash lets you quickly and easily give photos a dramatic look by converting them to black and white, while keeping your chosen details in color. We specially adapted our best-selling, award-winning iPhone app to the iPad. The beautiful large screen and fast processor make ColorSplash an absolute joy to use!
Use your finger as a brush to “paint” sections of your image black and white, or to bring back the original color. Zooming in and out using the two-finger pinching gesture allows you to work on details with pixel-accuracy.
– A short tutorial video clearly explains how to use the app and all its features.
– Share your edited images with friends via email or by uploading them to Facebook
– Save multiple sessions to resume your work later.
– Undo any number of accidental brush strokes.
– Adjust brush properties such as brush size, softness and opacity.
– An alternative view mode highlights the regions that will remain in color with a red tint. This makes it easier to see and adjust the boundaries between color and black & white regions.