I’ve always been a big fan of Photogene and Photogene for iPad. Photogene was one of the first photo editing apps for the iPhone and has been updated over the years. Photogene2 is now available and it is on sale for just $0.99 until November 17. The interface has been significantly changed. This video gives a nice overview of this new version.
Even though some don’t like paying for updated versions of iOS apps, I think this is easily worth it. Also, if you already own the app you’ll get a free goodie via in-app purchase. You can read more on the Photogene2 Home Page.
Here is the full description from iTunes for those that like to read. 😉
Photogene is back with a brand new version! Loads of new features and a completely overhauled user interface.
Now only $0.99 until 17/Nov.
Photogene is the ultimate tool for handling your iPhone photos.
We know you take lots of photos with your iPhone – don’t let them just lay there in your camera roll. With Photogene you can easily browse, improve and export multiple photos.
The app features a compelling new user interface which is fast & fun.
– Full featured photo editor: crop, straighten, color adjustments (including histogram and curves), sharpen and denoise, retouch tools (dodge/burn, heal, localized effects and more).
– Export several photos at once. Photogene supports a wide selection of export destinations, including Flickr, Dropbox, Facebook, Twitter, Picasa, FTP and e-mail.
– Full support for iPhone 4S native 8 MP resolution.
– Special effects: center focus, vignette, frames, reflection, text boxes and much more.
– Presets: large collection of predefined presets. Instantly give your photo a new look and then tweak it yourself.
– Collage maker: combine several photos into one piece of art using a variety of templates.
– Camera: use our built-in camera module to snap great photos and apply real-time effects.
– Metadata viewer: visual display of all the information stored in your photos. Including location on a map, date&time, file size, etc (IPTC editor included).
– Resize your photos as you export them. You can export edited photos at full resolution (same as the original).
– Compare edited photo vs the original at any time.
Why should I pick Photogene?
– Photogene works directly with your iPhone’s photo library and albums. No need to import your photos.
– The app offers a wide selection of photo editing tools. No gimmicks – they will actually make your photos look better.
– Improving your photos is easy, even if you’ve never used a photo editor before. If you’re a seasoned photographer, you’ll find all the professional tools you need.
– Photogene offers a unique photo browser that can show large thumbnails (requires location-services permission).
– Nondestructive editing. Your edits are saved, but the original photo is always preserved.
– The user interface is quick and responsive. Most edit operations happen in real time.
– It’s a live product. We update it frequently and add new features users had asked for.
Now I just have to stop thinking Photogene Squared, since I do enough math on a daily basis. 🙂