Photogene2 for the iPhone and Photogene for the iPad are both great photo editing apps. They were both updated today and bring some new features.
I briefly played with the new clarity slider and did a quick comparison with the Clarity effect in Camera+ (I really love that quick/simple effect!).
You can see that the clarity in the two apps are close (although not exact). That of course is just one of the new features in this full editor. The full description of the new features are shown below.
A massive update. Lots of new features!
New: order directly from Photogene real photo products that will be delivered to you by mail. Service by tap2print.
Major new features:
– Device-to-device: transfer photos directly to another iPad/iPhone (requires Photogene to be installed on the other device).
– Clarity slider.
– Clone tool.
– Create your own presets! Long tap on a photo in the editor to save it as a preset.
– Add date-stamp to your exported photos.
– Copy edit operations from one photo and apply the same edits on another photo. Long tap on a photo in the editor to bring up the copy&paste menu.
– Can now upload directly to Evernote and Tumblr.
– Now it’s possible to preserve the original file names when uploading to Dropbox, FTP or mail (requires iOS 5).