PhotoToaster, a Universal app, has always been one of those apps that is easy to use for those that like the one-click effects, but has a lot of functionality for those that want a bit more. Version 4 was released today, and the biggest new feature (at least for me) is the lightening/darkening brush. You can see it briefly used around the 3:50 mark of this video. It’s really simple. You just use your finger to lighten or darken regions in the photo. While editing in PhotoToaster you tap and hold you can see the original image at any time.
Here is a before/after comparison after using the lightening brush to highlight the face of the child.
This is really one of those apps that is great for everyone that has an iPhone. I bought the new bonus pack (for $0.99) that gives you eight new textures (Bokeh was used below), and almost two dozen new frames (“Clear 2″ was used below).
You can learn more about PhotoToaster on the East Coast Pixels page or just go ahead and buy it for just $0.99 right now (normally $1.99) on iTunes. [Download]
And of course, here is the description from iTunes
✩✩ Search Instagram for #phototoaster to see the awesome photos people are creating ✩✩
PhotoToaster™ is a stunning top rated photo editor for the iPhone and iPad. It is an amazing tool for the photography beginner or professional.
The new 4.0 version adds Lighting Brushes for a new level of control with brush-on exposure adjustments.
The features include:
- 60 one click effects that can instantly improve or completely alter a photo (Clarify, Cross Process, Bleach Bypass, Sketch, Deep Focus,…)
- 80 one click settings in Lighting, Fx, Vignette, Texture and Border categories that allow more creative control
- 24 live slider controls that allow for exacting control of all image adjustments
- Professional level lighting adjustments to lighten shadows and recover highlights
- Sophisticated Noise reduction to remove unwanted grain in low light photos
- Non-destructive editing
- Blazing performance (dual core support)
- Recent edits list that maintains recently edited photos
- Save your own presets
- Crop, rotate, flip and straighten
- Complete EXIF support
- Many border and texture options
- Multiple undo
- High resolution output
- Save to album, e-mail, sms, facebook, instagram, twitter, flickr and tumblr
- Send a real Postcard with Sincerely
✩✩✩✩✩ Press Reviews ✩✩✩✩✩
“PhotoToaster was already one of my favorites… and the changes in this latest version make the app even more worthy”
- Jason Parker, C-NET
“PhotoToaster is a stunning and impressive photo editor for all”
- 5 Stars – Glyn Evans, iPhonegraphy.com
“A Fantastic Example Of How A Photo Editing App Should Play Out”
- Ben Reid, Redmond Pie
“Toast Your Photos To Perfection With PhotoToaster“
“A well-designed photo app for a wide range of iPhoneographers.”
- Life In LoFi: iPhoneography
From the author
Hello. This blog started in April 2011 and continues to grow.
If you are interested in photography with your iPhone and iPad be sure to drop by every now and then. I'll try to let you know about any photo apps that I happen to be using that day, or things that I notice about iPhoneography.
To contact me just drop me a line on the contact page.
-- a guy in Charlottesville, VA
Poll of the momentLoading ...
Tag Cloudabstract Adobe Lightroom Apple Appysnap Camera+ ColorSplash ColorStrokes Filterstorm FX Photo Studio Grungetastic Halftone holiday iCloud Image Blender iOS5 iOS 6 iPad iphone iPhone 4S Iris Photo Suite JixiPix LightTrac lo-mob Noir Photo panorama Percolator Phoster PhotoFactory PhotoForge 2 Photogene PhotoToaster PictureShow Pixel It Plastic Bullet Popsicolor Posterize Pro HDR sale Simply B&W Snapseed Steve Jobs Tiny Planet Photos ToonPaint TouchRetouch video