Pixlr Express is a new Universal photo editing app by Autodesk. I gave it a quick walkthrough and it felt very quick and responsive when editing full resolution photos (from iPhone 5).
Pixlr Express Plus is a fun photo editor that lets you quickly crop, re-size, and fix any picture, remove red-eye, and whiten teeth in a completely ads-free experience. Then choose from the huge variety of effects, overlays, and borders to personalize any image, all unlocked for you to choose. From the makers of Pixlr-o-matic, Pixlr Express Plus will make you look like a pro, even if you’ve never edited a photo before.
I recorded this video while using the app on my iPad. The sound quality is so-so since I just used my computer microphone as I watch a football game and enjoyed a beverage. 🙂
Here was the photo I created in the video.
Overall I really like the app. Right now the paid version is on sale for $1, so if you are interested grab the free version and see what you think.
Full list of features from the description:
- Crop, resize and rotate images easily.
- ‘Auto Fix’ photos for a one-click fix to balance out colors, adjusting for dark photos and poor lighting conditions.
- Remove red-eye and whiten teeth with simple tools.
- Explore the growing catalog of additional effect, overlay and border packs to use, all unlocked for you.
- Overlays help you adjust the mood – amplify the tone, cool it down, or add surreal shades.
- Lighting effects can add drama, sparkle or a grunge look. Easily adjust the intensity and orientation of each effect.
- Finish off your photo process with the right border – pick a style that fits you.
- Look like a pro with cool photo effects like focal blur, denoise and more.
- Explore color tools to adjust contrast, brighten, focus on one color with a color splash.
- Keep track of your favorite effects and overlays with the favorites button.
- Share your photo directly with your friends through Facebook or email, or just save it back to your Library.
- No camera required! Select a photo from your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch and start applying filters. If your device has a camera, you can also snap a new picture from within the app.