I’ve got about a million things to do now that 2013 has started, but I decided to take a moment to try out a new Universal app that was released just before the holidays called Momentsia.
The usage is straightforward. Click a little box to change the layout you want. It ranges from one spot to a dozen or so (rough estimate on my part), and the color swatches change. They keep a nice theme for each one, so you don’t have to use every available “box” in the collage.
Once you have the layout you like, tap in a region. With a short tap you’ll then get to take a live shot by tapping again. If you do a long tap you’ll be able to choose a photo you already have on your camera roll. When you like what you see, save it or share it on a few social sites.
It’s a fun app and does what it says. The two negatives were that the output size seems to be 640×1008 pixels on my iPhone 5, and you can’t zoom or shift any of the photos when you take/load them.
Right now Momentsia is free on iTunes.
And just for fun I did a one minute walkthrough video of the app on YouTube.
Momentsia’s artsy yet simple functionality will motivate you to create, capture and share frame-worthy moments within seconds.
Momentsia will become your go-to camera app.
Rather than taking a single picture: select different colorful collages on the fly, then take pictures by tapping anywhere on your screen.
Press on a tile a bit longer to access your camera roll and mix current with past instantly.
Download Momentsia today, your iPhone and iPad will never be the same!
* It’s simple, fast and intuitive.
* Never take a single, boring photo again.
* No need to reach the capture button anymore.
* Capture directly on screen.
* Share moments on your favorite social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Email, Camera roll) .
* No more collages after the fact.
* You and your iPhone/iPad become one, creativity happens naturally.
* The results are beautiful artwalls that become long lasting moments you can share with friends and family.