When iOS7 came out a wealth of apps began to come out with updates. Some just updated to get rid of any bugs that have appeared with the new operating system, but others have changed their GUI to integrate more seamlessly with it. There have been hundreds of updates and I could barely keep up with them for awhile. Seeing a “78” badge on my App Store icon always felt a bit intimidating!
Although updates continue to roll in, the pace has at least slowed down a bit. There is no way I could mention every update in the past few months, but here are just a few that I figured I would mention as they are kicking around in my mind.
- Camera+: An old time favorite. They did a full GUI overhaul and added some additional presets.
- Snapseed: Some GUI work and a new feature called HDR Scape. If you like HDRish photos, you need to check this out.
- Photogene4: A full GUI overhaul and many new features. Another true “old school” app that has been around forever.
- Glaze: You can now zoom in on images (yeah!) and a transparancy feature was added (in-app purchase).
- Image Straightener: Updated GUI which is now truly minimalistic (which is good for a very specific app)
- PhotoToaster: A big update came out in the summertime and then a lot of GUI “themes” came out when iOS7 did.
As I said, these were just a few of the recent updates that popped into my mind. Guess I’ve used them all recently
In celebration of the updates I’ve got a few promo codes for Image Straightener that I’ll post on Monday around lunchtime (eastern time in the US). Stay tuned for a freebie!