For those that are fans of ColorSplash on the iPhone, it has now been updated to version 2 and has a new name – ColorStrokes. The iPhone version is available for a discount price right now, but that is not the best news. If you get the app and send a photo to the MacPhun folks, you’ll get a code for a free copy of the Mac desktop version of ColorStrokes when it comes out.
This sale is only around for the next 48 hours, so grab it now (if you don’t already own it).
ColorStrokes Special Offer. Click for the full size view.
Learn more on the ColorStrokes Home Page where you’ll see some great shots. The iPhone app can be downloaded from iTunes. Right now it is only $0.99 and with just a little work you’ll have a nice desktop app. 🙂
Although it hasn’t been released yet, this is what the ColorStrokes for Mac will look like. Sweet!
ColorStrokes for Mac GUI
ColorSplash Studio is a really nice Mac app that is currently just $1 in the Mac App Store. If you have a Mac this price is so good you need to grab it. This is a screenshot of an image I adjusted. It took about 20 seconds 🙂
Main GUI of ColorSplash Studio
This sale will only last for a few more hours, so be sure to download on the Mac App Store.
Color Splash Studio is the most powerful, comprehensive & intuitive application to help you create amazing photography with selective colors!
Totally awesome features and tools. :
– Integration with latest versions of iPhoto, Photoshop & Aperture
– High-end algorithm for fast and most impressive image processing
– Monochrome layers include grayscale, sepia and blue tone (ONLY in Color Splash Studio)
– Adjustable vignette
– ADJUSTABLE PARAMETERS for the brush: diameter, softness, opacity
– Adjustable parameters for grayscale and sepia layers: brightness, contrast, blur
– Adjustable parameters for color layer: brightness, contrast, blur, hue, saturation, exposure
– Selective BLUR for grayscale, sepia and color layers (100% adjustable)
– Support of practically all image formats, including RAW files
– High resolution support – up to 32 megapixels
– Sharing via most popular social networks
– INTUITIVE USER INTERFACE with a possibility to compare original and resulting image, full screen mode, high-quality zoom to identify smallest details, easy access to every single tool and more
Color Splash Studio goes far beyond “old school” color splash (selective colors) apps and doesn’t put any limits to your photography creativity.
ColorSplash for iPad was updated earlier today and according to iTunes the images are displayed in better quality and higher resolution during editing.
This is one of the earliest iPad (and iPhone) photo apps and is usually near the top of the charts. I highly recommend this one.
ColorSplash on iTunes Cost: $1.99 US.
ColorSplash lets you quickly and easily give photos a dramatic look by converting them to black and white, while keeping your chosen details in color. We specially adapted our best-selling, award-winning iPhone app to the iPad. The beautiful large screen and fast processor make ColorSplash an absolute joy to use!
Use your finger as a brush to “paint” sections of your image black and white, or to bring back the original color. Zooming in and out using the two-finger pinching gesture allows you to work on details with pixel-accuracy.
– A short tutorial video clearly explains how to use the app and all its features.
– Share your edited images with friends via email or by uploading them to Facebook
– Save multiple sessions to resume your work later.
– Undo any number of accidental brush strokes.
– Adjust brush properties such as brush size, softness and opacity.
– An alternative view mode highlights the regions that will remain in color with a red tint. This makes it easier to see and adjust the boundaries between color and black & white regions.
Screenshot of ColorSplash photo app