For those that use a Mac and don’t want to spend big bucks on Photoshop to remove things from your photos, Snapheal is a really nice way to do that. For today only it is on sale for just $7.99. Usually $29.99. Pretty good deal for one of the “Best of 2012” Apps that is the #2 selling app on the Mac App Store (behind iPhoto by Apple).
Snapheal is Incredible, intuitive and inspiring app to help you fix photos in minutes. REMOVE unwanted objects from photos, FIX bad skin, RESTORE damaged pictures and perform more complex edits faster and better than most other photo editing apps.
You can read more about it on their website, and download from the Mac App Store.
The latest version of Snapheal has been released for the Mac and it really does feel rather snappy. It’s got some great new features including being able to import images from your Lightroom library (I’m a Lightroom user, so this was great).
Here are a list of the new features.
● MacBook Pro Retina display support
● 3X faster & flawless erasing: thanks to innovative smart pixel identification algorithm
● New erasing tools & functions: polygonal lasso tool, higher erasing precision, one-click switch between erasing modes.
● New Retouch & Adjustment tools for Pro color play
● Clone & Stamp tool significant performance optimization
● User interface improvements
● Lightroom 4.0 import support
● Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion compatibility
● Overall memory usage and performance improvements
● iCloud support
I did a recording of editing an image so you can get a quick feel for the program.
The before and after images are here. The program takes almost no time to learn and makes it really easy to edit images to create great shots. In this shot I really spent almost no time removing the one jutting beam so it looks a bit odd. At least in my eye. An extra minute would have been a good thing 🙂
After editing with Snapheal
Currently Snapheal is available on the Mac App Store for just $7.99 (on sale). If you are looking for a desktop photo editor that does healing as well, you can’t go wrong with this one.
Snapheal is the incredible erasing app!
REMOVE extra objects & text; FIX skin imperfections; RESTORE old and damaged photos.
And perform complex pro photo enhancement in a few clicks with no special learning. Same and even better results than expensive photo editing software.
Here is what you can do with Snapheal:
• Remove unwanted objects
• Delete people from the photos
• Make skin imperfections vanish
• Erase text, signatures, etc
• Fix old scanned photos
• Remove scratches and blemishes
Over 15 easy to learn photo editing tools let you make pictures more awesome in a click:
• Clone & stamp
• Light levels control
• Sharpen and noise reduction
• Highlights and shadows
• Saturation, gamma, contrast, hues, exposure
• Clarity and color temperature
• Crop, rotate, flip and more
Above this you can enjoy:
• Support of practically all image formats, including RAW
• Resolution support up to 32 megapixels
• Intuitive user interface
• Gestures support: Two-finger scroll; Pinch to zoom
• Drag and Drop images into application window
• Import from Aperture and iPhoto
• Export “snaphealed” images to Aperture and iPhoto
• Share photos via Flickr, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, E-mail
• 100% compatibility with Mountain Lion and earlier OS X (10.6 and above)
★ Snapheal is a one of a kind photo editor that saves you hundreds of dollars (you would spend on photo editing software) and lots of time (you would spend on learning that software), and makes your pictures looks awesome in no time ★